The congress opens on Sunday 31 March 2019 and closes on Wednesday 3 April 2019.
NEWS FROM GENOA
Many of you will have heard about the tragic incident that Genoa has been living through these past few weeks with the collapse of a section of the Morandi bridge. This is naturally a very hard time, first and foremost for the families of the victims, but also for the people and City of Genoa.
We would like to reassure the ISSAID community that the City of Genoa is nevertheless concentrating efforts into ensuring that the city can continue to function with as little disruption as possible. At this time, road users in the area may experience some delays in specific areas. The Municipality is working on this problem and realistically, these delays will be eased over the coming months.
We are really looking forward to seeing all of you in Genoa next spring!
Congress Venue and Location
The 10th ISSAID International Congress will take place at Genoa’s Conference Center located inside Porto Antico’s historical Cotton Warehouses.
CENTRO CONGRESSI GENOVA
Porto Antico di Genova – Centro Congressi
Calata Molo Vecchio 15
Modulo 5 – 1° Level
16128 Genova – Italy
How to Get There
Car – Updated September 2018
For those coming from the highway A12 we suggest going out at Genova Ovest exit or Genova Est exit and continue following the directions for the Porto Antico Area and the Conference Centre.
For those arriving in Genova with the highway A7 (from Milan) we suggest going out at Genova Ovest exit and take the “Sopraelevata” direction. Exit at the first exit, continue past the Porto Antico pedestrian entrance and turn right at 2nd intersection to access Porto Antico located next to Guardia di Finanza building, directions to parking area.
For those arriving from Alessandria we recommend (in this phase):
- drive along the highway A26 to Novi Ligure, take the link road to the highway A7 and continue to the Genova Ovest exit.
- Alternatively in not particularly busy days: take the highway A26 and exit at Genova Prà or Genova Pegli or Genova Aeroporto, then follow the signs for urban roads.
For those arriving from Ventimiglia/France via highway A10 we suggest going out at Genova Prà exit or Genova Pegli exit or Genova Airport exit. From there follow the signs to reach the city center, the Porto Antico Area and the Conference Centre.
From the railway station Genova Piazza Principe to Porto Antico:
- 10-15 minutes on foot direction Porto Antico
- By bus no. 35 direction Via Vannucci, stop “Gramsci 2” / subway “Darsena” or bus no. 1 from Marittima / Principe Fs to last stop in Piazza Caricamento.
- Subway direction Brignole, stop “San Giorgio”.
From the railway station Genova Brignole to Porto Antico:
- By bus no. 13, direction and last stop “Caricamento” (Turati)
Subway direction Brin, stop “San Giorgio”
From Cristoforo Colombo Airport:
- By taxi
- By bus with the “Volabus” (stop “Piazza De Ferrari” and continue on foot along Via San Lorenzo. Tickets cost € 6.00 and can be purchased on board.
- After changes in city driveability, a further shuttle service has been activated in addition to the ordinary service between the airport and the Genova Piazza Principe railway station. The service is available every day from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm with departure and arrival from the Arrivals Terminal.
Boat Service (about 35 minutes) that connects Pegli (Molo Archetti – parking charges apply) with Porto Antico.
Tickets cost € 3.00 and can be purchased on board.
Professional Congress Organiser
MCI Suisse SA has been selected by ISSAID as the official congress organiser to process registrations, hotel reservations, abstract management, exhibition and sponsorship. All correspondence should be sent to:
c/o MCI Suisse SA
9 Rue du Pré-Bouvier, 1242 Satigny
Tel.: +41 22 33 99 702
Fax: +41 22 33 99 651
Please sign up for the ISSAID Newsletter via this LINK.
Certificate of Attendance
A certificate of attendance will be sent via email to each attendee after the congress.
Letter of Invitation
A letter of invitation can be requested online during the registration process once the applicable fees have been paid. Letters of invitation do not imply a commitment from the conference to provide a financial support
It is recommended that participants obtain adequate cover for travel, health and accident insurance before they depart from their countries. ISSAID and MCI as organizers cannot accept responsibility for personal injuries, or loss of, or damage to, private property belonging to the congress participants.
The visa requirements for Italy vary according to the country of origin of its visitors. All visitors entering Italy must be in the possession of a valid passport. Please check which rules and requirements apply to you on www.schengenvisainfo.com/italy-visa/.